Excellence in women's health care
Newcastle Ultrasound for Women (NUFW) is a diagnostic ultrasound medical practice primarily devoted to meeting the needs of women at various stages of their lives:
- Teenagers and young women experiencing menstrual problems
- Women who are trying to become pregnant
- Pregnant women
- Women of all ages with gynaecological disorders
- Women suffering menopausal symptoms
- Women concerned about cancer of the ovary or endometrium
We are committed to delivering the highest quality health care with professionalism and sensitivity.
All our staff are female and are very experienced in obstetric and gynaecological ultrasound. We only use entirely digital state of the art ultrasound equipment which combined with our staff experience provides the best possible imaging.
Our doctors are specialist obstetricians (specialists who look after pregnant women) and gynaecologists (specialists who treat all of women's health problems) who have further specialized in ultrasound, high-risk obstetrics, infertility and reproductive genetics (the study of birth defects or inherited characteristics which affect decisions concerning reproduction).